Sunday, April 14, 2013

A different take on our Monthly Challenge

Hiya my lovelies, Annette here with my take on our current challenge.
I decided to think outside the square this time and do a few cards instead of a layout.

On this first one I was inspired by the whole picture and all the bright, beautiful colours, so using washi tape from CraftQueen http://www.craftqueen.com.au/washi-tape/cat_463.html I covered the whole card with different designs. Gorgeous little prima flowers also came from CraftQueen. I added a pearl strand, muslin and lovely lemon ribbon.
 




 Card number two used the tealy blue and yellow from the small pictures on the wall.


 From memory I think the pp is Kaisercraft and a Making Memories journal tag cut down. Huge thanks to Kim for the idea for the banner with twine.



Last but not least I used the background colours, cream and touches of black which reminded me of vintage so the card reflected that with punching, lace, ribbon roses with pearl centres, again CraftQueen. I used two stamps in the top right hand corner with different coloured inks.




So there you have it, you can used the pic as you like, how it inspires you.
Looking forward to seeing lots more awesome creations.
Hugs and love till then.
Annette xo


Hi everyone, Cheryl here. What a fabulous challenge this turned out to be, It's just amazing to see such a diverse range of layouts stemming from the one pic!! I love them all ,and without further ado, here is mine. I  got my inspiration from the vintage feel of the pic and from the roses and butterflies on the pic, I used the Kaiser Flora Delight papers to compliment a pic of my Auntie and Uncle on their wedding day in 1945. You can see the punching, but I chose to do my stamp butterflies and fussy cut them, here is a closie....
 

And..... here is the page.
 
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful girls, I love all the different ideas from the one picture

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards Annette and the layout looks super too!

    ReplyDelete