Monday, May 5, 2014

Kim's May Challenge




Welcome everyone to our little Challenge Blog!!!

With the start of May, we see a few changes..... as most of you know
two member's of our Design Team made the decision to move on, so Mary, Jo and myself
set out to find Two new Design Team Member's

And we did!!!!

We give you

Rebecca Timms

 Here is a little bit about Bec.
Hi, I'm Bec Timms, I live in Orange N.S.W with my partner,
 Charlie. Originally from Southampton in the UK, we moved to Australia in the New Year of 2011.
 I started scrapbooking in Nov 2012 when the lovely Mary Bennetts started classes at Marally Craft, the store I worked at.
I had met Mary, Kim and Annette as regular customers of the store and had always been interested in their purchases, as primarily I am a card maker. 
And have been card making throughout my 20’s.
 The Orange Paperie girls started me on a journey of techniques, blogs and challenges, even helped answer my questions such as, “what is a sketch?”
Since then I have discovered a love for sketches, they are a perfect inspiration point with the ability to tweak anything to your personal style.  I love that every layout made from a sketch can be completely different and personal to the creator.
I love bright colours, washi tape, and chippies.  My favourite scrappy website is Home and Scrapped as it’s very welcoming and relaxed.  My muses in my scrapbooking pages are my nephews Isaac (4) and Nathaniel (2).  They mean absolutely everything to me and one of my ways to stay in touch with them, is to scrap their gorgeous faces on my layouts.
Visit Rebecca's blog.......* HERE*
and we also welcome

John Weston

Hi, I'm John Weston and I live in Orange N.S.W with my wife and two sons who are the reason why I scrap. Have been kind of scrapbooking since 2010 when my wife bought an album that I would stick one photo along with a ticket or certificate from when it was taken. Then I met Bec from Marally Craft who talked me into taking Mary's class. They started me on a journey of techniques, blogs and challenges for which I will always be grateful
I love to layer paper on my pages as well as try different techniques. 
You can visit John's Blog......* HERE *
A very warm welcome to Rebbeca & John.
Now on to May's Challenge.....
My Challenge is to use these images to inspire you to create, whether it's the colours, products....
 from the first image

 This image is by the very talented 
And to use this quote in some fashion....be it the whole Quote or even just a word or two from it!

Here is what I have created.....inspired by the above images

{Friendship}
 The colours in Gwen's photograph really struck me and I simply love the Quote
Now let's see what our newest DT member's have created....
**********************************************************************************

Hi everyone. Happy to be with  my first DT Layout. Very honoured to be working with a very talented group of Ladies.  Hope I can keep up with everyone, all such beautiful work.

What a lovely challenge Kim has set us, with Gwen's beautiful Picture.

I Have draw my inspiration from some of the products in the picture & I liked the way the twine looked against the pink flowers & used the first part of the quote.


{Everyday Is Beautiful}

**********************************************************************************

Here is Rebecca's stunning layout......
 
{Even When It's Raining}

************************************************************** 
Welcome to the team John and Bec, what beautiful layouts .
I took my inspiration from the quote and lovely colours and splash of gold in Gwen's beautiful photo


{Everyday is Beautiful }

Looking forward to seeing lots of lovely entries
Mary

***********************************************************************************

Hi all! Jo here. I just love the challenge that Kim has set for this month. Beautiful work Mary, John, and Bec. I love your interpretations. I took my inspo from the softness of the colours of the mood board, the quote & also the washi tape & flowers. You can go HERE for closies.

 {Beautiful}

So we hope you can find the time to join us this month
and hope you have been inspired


Again a HUGE welcome to our newest Design Team members
John & Bec


6 comments:

  1. Oooh! Welcome Bec & John!! Fab new challenge...hope I find time...seems to be in short supply [insert sad face!!!]......lovely, lovely 'takes':):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Bec and John. Beautiful DT examples. Love the mood board and the quote...maybe I will find time to join in this month. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Look forward to both Lizzy and your layout Helen :)

      Delete
  3. That is a lovely picture to take inspiration from.. and welcome to John and Bec!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work girls and John!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI.. I have gotten this one done.. My layout is right over on the right, can hardly see my link.. but it is there!!

    ReplyDelete